Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pink Heels

This has been an unusually cold, snowy winter in Chicago.  Winter here is often difficult, but this one has been especially challenging.

Chicago winters are gray.  Trees are bare, snow turns from white to gray quickly, days are short and often cloudy.  Many of us dress in gray and black.

When I travel to warmer places during the winter, one of the first things that strikes me is that there are places where there's color in February, red flowers and green trees.

Yesterday, one of the young women in my office wore pink high heels.  The rest of her outfit was very professional, black pants, white blouse, dark blazer, but the pink heels were unexpected and wonderful.  I think it was her way of having fun and reminding herself that spring (and the return of color) is coming.  I was grateful for her reminder and a little jealous, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment