Saturday, August 9, 2014

Trans, um, something

I have a rare opportunity for some Linda time today.

I'm wearing jeans, a really pretty sleeveless purple blouse with ruffles and red high heels.    It's the kind of outfit a young woman in her 20s or 30s might wear if she were meeting friends for dinner or drinks.  It's fun to see my red pumps peeking out from the hem of my jeans.  I feel great.

I'm also feeling a little jealous because I know if people saw me, they would think I look ridiculous.  I'm 60, I'm chubby, I don't have cute feminine features, and even if I shave closely and slather on the foundation, my 5 o'clock shadow comes out quickly.  I'm wearing an outfit that a "mature" (dowdy) crossdresser of a certain age should not wear to blend in if she were leaving the house.

Of course, one of the consolations of being pretty much in the closet is that I can wear clothes that are wildly inappropriate for public adventures and pretend that the clothes I'm wearing are what I would be wearing if I were a 20something woman.

I admire those in our club who have come to terms with being mature ladies.  Stana is a lovely mature woman, who dresses appropriately for her age and looks wonderful.  She's beautiful and stylish.  If I were a 60 year old woman (even if I were a 50 year old woman), I'd love to look like Stana.

But I don't want to look like a 60 year old woman.  I want to be 26 and pretty and wear cute clothes.

So for now, I'll enjoy my time to dress cute and fantasize about what I would do if things were different.





7 comments:

  1. It's bittersweet, that we often hanker after our missed youth when it comes to the clothes we would crossdress in. And I totally understand where you are coming from.

    I bet you are totally rocking the feeling though! All power to you and I'm glad, for you, that you found some time to indulge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanna, thanks for your comment. I did have a very nice afternoon.

      Delete
  2. I see plenty of women of mature age dressed as you describe; don't worry about it. Any chance you could send me privately some pics? I might be able to help with your presentation.

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dani, thanks so much for your offer. I have so few opportunities to dress and such a short time when I do that I almost never have a chance to do a complete transition. That's the primary reason I don't take and post pictures.

      Delete
  3. It is always nice to see you post. When you let too much time pass we do start to worry.
    At 62, 6'1" and 250 lbs I do not live in fool's paradise and think that I can pass when I do go out. At my age height and weight I will just simply stick out. I do dress in a fashion that I will not be found offensive to others when I am out. I wear clothes that would be acceptable on a woman from 40-70. Of course, I am partial to heels and I would never leave the house without hose but when I do go out I find that I am accepted, even if that level of acceptances is that of a large man in a dress.
    Of course, I would love to be 26 with a rocking figure and a great wardrobe but I have come to terms with myself and am rather comfortable being a nicely dressed and made up older, larger, person, who understands that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, I always enjoy seeing your comments, both on my blog and on others. Your comments are well-written, heartfelt and generous.

      I admire your attitude and the way you appreciate who you are..

      Delete
  4. Linda Marie I am 6'1" and 195 lbs and I am not the pretty maiden shape either but I do pretty well in public with many merchants and shop keepers knowing me only as a woman. I think if you ever want to venture out you will find how undeniably fun it is and how much better it is to staying home.

    Also keep in mind that as we age we start looking better as women due to less testosterone and greying beards. Dressing a little more age appropriate is a small price to pay for gaining your freedom!

    you go girl!
    xo
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete